Go tell it on the mountain
'I had to deal with what hurt me most. I had to deal with my father.'
Drawing on James Baldwin's own boyhood in a religious community in 1930s Harlem, his first novel tells the story of young Johnny Grimes. Johnny is destined to become a preacher like his father, Gabriel, at the Temple of the Fire Baptized, where the church swells with song and it is as if 'the Holy Ghost were riding on the air'. But he feels only scalding hatred for Gabriel, whose fear and fanaticism lead him to abuse his family. Johnny vows that, for him, things will be different. This blazing tale is full of passion and guilt, of secret sinners and prayers singing on the wind.
Kilde: bokelskere.no. Terningkast 5 og 6 er slått sammen til 5 stjerner. Se lesernes omtaler av denne boka.
- Rop det fra berget179,-På lager
- Giovannis rom99,-På lager
- I am not your negro169,-På lager
- Giovanni's Room169,-På lager
- If Beale Street could talk169,-På lager
- If Beale Street could talk149,-På lager
- The fire next time169,-På lager
- Giovanni's Room149,-På lager
- Notes Of A Native Son199,-På lager
- Go Tell It on the Mountain229,-På lagerInnbundet
- Going To Meet The Man199,-På lager
- Notes of a Native Son169,-På lager