With an Introduction by Linda Wagner-Martin Drawings by José Clemente Orozco
A classic novella from Nobel Prize-winner John Steinbeck about the fallacy of the American dream
For the diver Kino, finding a magnificent pearl means the promise of better life for his impoverished family. His dream blinds him to the greed and suspicions the pearl arouses in him and his neighbours, and even his loving wife cannot temper his obsession or stem the events leading to tragedy. For Steinbeck, as Linda Wagner-Martin writes in her introduction, Kino and his wife illustrate the fall from innocence of people who believe that wealth erases all problems.
WINNER OF THE NOBEL PRIZE FOR LITERATURE
Kilde: bokelskere.no. Terningkast 5 og 6 er slått sammen til 5 stjerner. Se lesernes omtaler av denne boka.
- Alle tiders torsdag149,-På lager
- Den røde folen og andre fortellinger149,-På lager
- Dagdrivergjengen149,-På lager
- Vår misnøyes vinter149,-På lager
- Cannery row149,-På lager
- Paradisets enger149,-På lager
- Til en ukjent gud149,-På lager
- Det ukuelige sinn149,-På lager
- Perlen149,-På lager
- Om mus og menn149,-På lager