But when his father is killed in a drive-by shooting, he discovers there never was a memoir. All that's left is a bill for a drive-through funeral. What's more, Dickens has literally been wiped off the map to save California from further embarrassment.
Fuelled by despair, the narrator sets out to right this wrong with the most outrageous action conceivable: reinstating slavery and segregating the local high school, which lands him in the Supreme Court. In his trademark absurdist style, which has the uncanny ability to make readers want to both laugh and cry, The Sellout is an outrageous and outrageously entertaining indictment of our time.
Kilde: bokelskere.no. Terningkast 5 og 6 er slått sammen til 5 stjerner. Se lesernes omtaler av denne boka.
- Meg mot røkla (eller Amerikas forente stater)Tilbudspris 140,- Ordinær pris 349,-På lagerInnbundet
- Hvitmannsshuffle179,-På lager
- Meg mot røkla (eller Amerikas forente stater)159,-På lagerE-bok
- The sellout169,-På lager
- The White Boy Shuffle169,-På lager
- Slumberland169,-På lager
- Meg mot røkla (eller Amerikas forente stater)179,-På lager